It is paramount that a columbarium can stand the test of time. So when choosing a manufacturer, it is crucial to do your homework and ask a lot of questions. It is important to rethink what really determines “value”. Is it price, quality or style? Is a columbarium really a bargain if it is the lowest quote? Selecting the right columbarium manufacturer is actually an easy process if you know what to look for. Here are a few things to consider.
1. Choose a manufacturer that has “your” financial interest in mind. Plan your columbaria garden in phases in order to ensure that the cemetery is not burdened with too much inventory for too many years. It is important to study the annual cremation interment rates and to realize that not every cemetery’s niche requirements are the same. Each community is different. Ask for Sunset Memorial’s Return on Investment Calculator to assist you with your next columbarium planning.
2. Purchase only the highest quality columbarium with 100% granite exteriors. Concrete exteriors can crack and erode over time. Cemeteries can avoid future maintenance costs and save money by investing in columbaria that meet the highest industry standards.
3. Make sure to compare “apples with apples”. Not all columbarium manufacturers are the same. Not all interior niche construction and security features are the same. Look for columbaria manufacturers that focus on products that will stand the test of time. Insist on marine grade aluminum interior frames, key lockable interior niche doors, and either aluminum or nylene interior niche coreconstruction. Remember, it’s not a bargain if you are facing future repairs. It’s not a bargain if you are dealing with niche security problems. It’s not a bargain if your cemetery staff find the niche access system frustrating and cumbersome on a cold winter’s day. Do your homework and learn who is raising the industry standards through innovation and solid engineering practices.
4. The bottom tier is often the hardest to sell. Consider an angled base configuration like Sunset’s Ascension. Not only will the columbarium niches be easier to sell, but the design appeals to a target clientele; those looking for a prominently larger space on the columbarium and families wishing to inter more than 2 urns together. Choose the manufacturer that has a proven track record with The Ascension’s technically specialized design.
5. The most expensive costs are the granite roof and the granite base. The more niches that can fit in between, the more cost effective.
6. Great columbaria designs attract attention. Although the cost per niche of a custom design can appear to be a little more, the appeal of a beautiful structure can help to drive sales. Embrace originality, find the best architects in the industry with imagination and vision. Choose a columbarium manufacture that specializes in custom columbarium design. Look for a progressive manufacturer who will collaborate with cemetery staff, management and architects to engineer exciting new designs. Invest in a custom columbarium that will attract attention.
7. Ask about references, warranties and customer service. What extra value does the manufacturer provide? Choose the manufacturer that offers the best in customer service. Ensure that the manufacturer meets the highest warranty in the industry.
8. Make sure your are dealing with a reputable company that has an A+ Business Rating from the Better Business Bureau. Look for a company that has a long history in the industry in columbarium manufacturing and design. Experience and longevity in this industry matters.
A columbarium is an excellent way to add value to the cemetery. If it is done well, an attractive columbarium can help drive sales by attracting visitors to the cemetery. So begin the process and call a reputable columbarium manufacturer and start asking lots of questions. Trust your research. Select the manufacturer that provides you with the best information, advice and assistance. Ensure that they meet all the above criteria.