1. Move the real estate vertically. Some cemeteries are facing land shortages. The columbarium can provide an innovative solution for cemeteries concerned with running out of interment space.
2. Meet the needs of the cremation market by providing beautifully designed cremation interment options. As the scattering of ashes in nature and urns continue to rest on mantels or in closets, an attractive columbarium can draw families back to the cemetery for cremation burial.
3. Reduce cemetery maintenance and water costs by focusing on xeriscape landscaping around the columbarium garden site. If thoughtfully designed, the columbarium garden lends itself to maximizing interment space and therefore it can help reduce maintenance budgets per interment. Conserve water by developing the columbarium garden with wide gravel, stone or concrete pathways. Focus on using plant material that addresses the importance of water conservation and natural habitation.
4. Reinvent underused sections of the cemetery by adding artistically designed columbaria. Often cemeteries have challenging sections that are not being fully utilized. With imagination and thoughtful design, cemeteries can turn a problem area into a profitable, eye catchingcolumbarium garden. Landscape architects can provide the expertise and vision to help cemeteries reinvent unused cemetery areas.
5. Help hide unsightly views or define cemetery boundaries with walled columbaria structures. Designate an appealing new space for future columbarium expansion with a defined border.
6. Provide family cremation interment options. Smaller family columbaria can be placed within garden settings and along pathways to provide easy access for visitors as well as accommodate the needs of families wishing to be interred together.
7. Provide value to two distinct customers at the same time. Purchase a high quality manufactured columbarium designed to accommodate those wishing to reduce the costs of: a casket, full in-ground burial and a monument. Invest in a custom columbarium garden design that will provide a space for families who wish to be associated with an architecturally unique columbarium. Meet the needs of those seeking an economically viable option and those willing to pay more for an artistic space that will be enjoyed by future generations.
8. Make your cemetery stand apart from others by investing in a unique custom design. People recognize quality columbaria construction when they see it. Keep in mind that innovative columbarium designs attract attention.
9. Cemetery staff appreciate the ease of access when interring cremains in a columbarium niche. On a cold winter’s day, digging a grave can be a cold, complicated and time consuming job. A well engineered niche system ensures efficient cemetery operations. When purchasing a columbarium, focus on purchasing a niche that provides added security features. Choose a columbarium manufacturer that includes easy to operate individual key lockable inner niche doors as a standard feature.
10. Don’t be afraid to pivot towards the trend. Recognize that cremation statistics continue to increase across North America. Provide families with an interment option that is not only attractive but can provide a positive Return on Investment. Although there are initial costs up front, purchase the number of columbarium niches thoughtfully and focus on quality construction, sound engineering and style. The columbarium can add value to the cemetery’s appeal and bottom line. Choose the columbarium manufacturer who will have your best interest at heart.